Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Like Daddy, Like Maya

It has been brutally hot in New Hampshire for the past few days, so Maya and I decided to spend the morning inside, at the Montshire Museum of Science. It's a children's museum, and it came highly recommended by several moms I've met in the area. I figured we'd spend the morning there, and then decide if it was worth getting a year-long membership for our family. I'm not a big "science person," but Kevin loves that stuff, so I figured Maya might take an interest. Well, the museum was huge success. I was most excited about the area for kiddos under 5, but Maya was more interested in the bigger kids activities, like bubbles, fish, turtles, air current games, and the outdoor water area. I didn't think to bring a bathing suit, but there is a great area with mini streams, sprinklers, and all sorts of water activities. Anyway, in the end, I decided to purchase a membership. The cool thing is, it includes 2 adults, so if Kevin doesn't come (like on a weekday), I can bring someone else, and it's free for them! So... wanna visit?? Maya will definitely want to take you to the Montshire. C'mon. You know you want to.

"Look at this cool ball maze! The St. Louis Science Museum has a giant one, but this one will do..."

"The baby area had a fake duck, but I was so sure it was real..."

"Mommy, look! This giant stone statue is really a waterfall! Ha! I'm wet now."

"Watching these gold balls go down the maze is a baby's dream!"

"What's in here?"

"Look at how high up I am! I walked up all the stairs myself!"

"Daddy is kind of a science nerd, and I guess I'm a science nerd too, because the science museum was definitely my cup of tea (or milk - whatever)."

No comments:

Background