Saturday, May 16, 2009

Shout Out to Maya's Honorary Aunty

Today, Maya's honorary Aunty Sarah came to visit. Sarah and I worked together as fourth and fifth grade teachers for 2 years, and last summer, she moved back to Colombus, OH, to be closer to her family (how dare she!). She came back to surprise one of her friends for her graduation, so we had a chance to meet her for coffee this morning. Maya has met Sarah a few times, but only when she was itty bitty, and it was a while ago. We had a great time visiting, catching up, and playing at the park. It will probably be a while before we see her again, though I'm hoping she'll consider taking a vacation to New Hampshire. She is quite outdoorsy, so maybe we can convince her to take a little hiking, skiing, snowshoeing type of vacation. Sound enticing, Aunty?

"Hmmmm... I think I like you..."

"You know, Jayme always said we were lucky not to have a spikey ball tree in our yard, but I think I like these spikey balls! I can pick up 4 at a time!"

"I love you, Daddy, but I need sunglasses, because I'm squinting like crazy."

"Aunty Sarah, please put me down so I can play."

"This is a good walk. Did you all know I can walk now?"

"I can ride horsies too!"

"I like the swings best. A park without swings is like a day without diapers!"

"I can be serious on the swings, too."

No comments:

Background