Friday, June 27, 2008

This is why I'm not in sales...

So this morning, Maya and I went to an Usborne book party with Brooke and Nash. If you don't know what Usborne is, don't worry - I didn't know either. It's a company that makes baby/children's books. They do parties - sort of like Pampered Chef or Tupperware. We were invited by a girl who is very active in the Moms and Babies group through the hospital. I decided to go, assuming that there would be a lot of people there. I was also told that if I brought a friend, we'd both get a free book. Score! So I asked Brooke to come with me, and told her that we wouldn't feel pressured to buy anything. Um, yeah, not so much. In reality, there were only 5 women there, and in order for us to get our free book, Brooke and I both felt we really should buy a couple of books. I got Maya a book called "That's not my Monster," and one called "Panda in the Park." Both are board books that have touchy feely pages. For the free book, I chose one called "Everyday Words," which is basically a vocabulary building type of book. I can't wait until she's old enough to read it with me, because it looks like so much fun. The thing I hated about it, was that the "Usborne Lady" was trying to convince me to have a book party. Here's the thing - I don't want to. I feel like people never want to come, because they know they'll have to spend money, and I don't want to put anyone in the situation. So it's a negative. However, she did bring up the idea that we could have a party for pregnant Brooke, and buy books for her. I like the idea, but at the same time, I think Brooke might want other things - like clothes, and fun baby goodies. Books are great, I know, but there's something nice about getting a variety of fun stuff... What do you think Brooke?? Anyway, I didn't take photos, because I didn't really know anyone there, and I wasn't sure if they would think it was strange. I do have some photos to share though...


Mommy and I love our spot on the couch.


Just lounging around...


What do you think of my outfit?


I love Mommy...

No comments:

Background