Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Average 18-Month-Old

Maya had her 18 month appointment with Dr. Turkey today. First of all, Maya absolutely loves the waiting room at Turkey's office. She played so hard, I was surprised she didn't totally wear herself out. During the hour long appointment, Maya busied herself with the cups, tongue depressers, and various other toys in Dr. Turkey's office. When it was time to examine her, she say patiently and went through all the little tests. The doc measured her head, checked her mouth, her feet, her ears, and her eyes. She also got weighed, and came in at a lovely 24 pounds, 5 ounces, which is the 45th percentile. She is also in the 45th percentile for height, which makes her just about average. Her head, as always, is in the 90th percentile. That's our brainy baby! Anyway, Maya got her flu shot, and one other vaccine, which she didn't like so much. She has recovered nicely though, and is currently doing some after dinner playing with Kevin.

"What do you think of Dr. Turkey's examining table? I like it!"

"I can't see you - can you see me?"

"This is Scuffy. He is my favorite doggie. He is Daddy's favorite doggie too!"

"I need a drink."

"Today was Mary's birthday, so we went to the Bouncy House at the rec center. Mary's mommy made her this adorable birthday outfit. I liked it so much, I let her share my broccoli."

"I found the screw top for the Jet Dry in the dishwasher, and now I can't help but take it off and put it back on. It's good times - until Mommy takes the cap away."

"Today was a good day."

"My favorite part of the day, is when Daddy shares his dinner with me. Everything is better off of Daddy's plate."

No comments:

Background