Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We're Back in New Hamp!

We spent this past weekend in Connecticut for Dave and Jessica's wedding. Maya spent most of the weekend with Grammy and Grampy, but also had a chance to play with her cousins for a while. It was a really nice weekend, but we are happy to be back in New Hampshire, with no plans to return to CT until Thanksgiving. It's not that we don't love visiting, but we are so tired of the packing, the driving, and the living out of a suitcase. Anyway, the wedding was beautiful, and it was so nice to see old friends. We got back on Sunday night, and spent Monday and Tuesday playing. This morning, we went to the Montshire Museum with Lisa and Mary. Maya and Mary had a blast playing with the balls in the "under 5 area," and Maya managed to be her wonderful, destructive self. On our way out, we saw a train passing, which Maya and Mary really enjoyed. It's been a great few days!

"Ooooo. I like that dress, Mommy. Tell Jessica I'd like to borrow it to play dress-up."


"Mommy, where was I for this wedding? I don't see myself in this picture..."

"Uh oh. Am I in trouble for taking everything out of the junk drawer?"

"Hi."

"Mommy got me dressed this morning, but as soon as I was out of her sight, I took my arm out of the sleeve. Mommy found me like this, and thought it was funny. I'm hilarious."

"I was feeling very serious at the Montshire this morning."

"Mary and I did good playing today. We both like this ball maze, even though I'm 8 months older!"

"Mommy! Do you see the train?!"

"This was one of Mommy's latest creations: mushroom barley chicken, and barley casserole with focaccia. Yes, we're still working on the focaccia. Seems like we'll be eating it forever."

No comments:

Background