Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's Wednesday...

...but I still haven't told you about our weekend! We actually spent a very quick weekend in St. Louis, as Kevin had an interview at WashU on Monday. We were there for about 36 hours, and with 2 overnight stays in a hotel, it didn't make for much time to see friends. We got there late Saturday (about 11:30, St. Louis time), spent Sunday morning at Brie's house with Dave, Owen, Alex, and Brook, and then visited with Beth at Sweet Tomatoes for dinner. On Monday morning, Maya and I met Brook for playtime at the mall, since it was raining. We left town at about 2, and finally arrived home in NH at 12:30 a.m. It was a very exhausting trip, and it definitely took a toll on Maya. She exploded with a yucky cold on Tuesday morning, but is recovering nicely. In the past 2 days (since we've been home), she has slept a lot, and has really been a trooper. She wasn't the biggest fan of flying this time around, so we are looking forward to travelling with her when she can have her own seat. I guess she thinks she too old to hang out on Mommy and Daddy's laps for 4 hours of flights... Go figure.

"On our way to St. Louis, we had a really long delay, so we spent 4 hours at Manchester Airport. They had a Fisher Price play area, which had all these fun toys, just bolted to the floor! I had a blast, and played for 2 hours straight!"

"I played so hard, I missed my nap! Mommy and Daddy were thrilled..."

"Daddy and I love Sweet Tomatoes. Mommy, too!"

"I played at the mall play area on Monday morning, while Daddy had his interview. I really love playing in cars."

1 comment:

Brook said...

We had fun! We miss you guys, thanks for visiting....hope maya feels better soon.

Background