Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hot Air Balloons Everywhere!

Last night was Balloon Glow, which is an annual event at Forest Park, in St. Louis. It's always on a Friday night, and thousands of people gather to see about 50 hot air balloons lit up in a field. It's really a beautiful sight. All of the balloons are really advertisements for corporations, hospitals, airlines, movie theaters, etc. The balloons don't fly during Balloon Glow. They're just sitting there, and you can walk right up to them, which is really neat. Maya was a little angel during the evening. It was very noisy and there were thousands of people around, so I think she was probably very overstimulated by the situation. The second it was over, she completely flipped out - but I guess it was worth it. She didn't seem to care very much about the hot air balloons, but I think she had fun anyway. Kevin and I ate ice cream and just walked around the whole time. We didn't have a chance to meet up with friends, but it was nice hanging out as a family.


"I fell asleep in the car on the way to Balloon Glow, and now I'm all disoriented. Not sad, just confused..."


"Glad I get to hang out in the jogging stroller. It's comfy in here."


"Mommy, you're a master photographer!"


"Mmmmm. It's good to be home and in your bed. Do I have to sleep in my crib tonight?"


"I love when I'm fresh and clean."

No comments:

Background