Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm not naming any names, but...

..."someone" said I seem like I'm having a bummer of a week (you know who you are!). Well, I guess it's true. I am, in fact, having sort of a tough week. Let me explain why. First of all, Maya is going through something. I don't know what, but it's definitely something. Her sleep is off, and her eating is strange and fussy. I can only attribute it to teething, but who knows? Eh. She'll get over it. In addition, there's my back problem, which is sort of making me feel a little bummed out. I'm thinking that it might be slowly mending itself though. The problem is, my house is getting messier and messier, and I'm having a hard time bending over to clean it up. Lastly, we haven't done much this week. It's been very slow and boring, which is never fun. Brooke has cold (loads of fun at 8 months pregnant), Brook is on vacation in Seattle, and I haven't been able to connect with Brie, due to all sort of random circumstances. So we've been particularly anti-social. However, today we did go out with Brooke and Nash. Brooke gave us a lovely array of fruit preserves from The Loveless Cafe in Nashville, where they went last weekend. Yum. You may or may not know that I'm a fan of jams and jellies. Oh, and seeing Brooke and Nash was nice too.

"Hey Nash, don't tell my mom, but I'm planning on having a major meltdown in the car on the way home."


So there you have it... the week wasn't all bad.I think I'll write a separate post about the good stuff though. I wouldn't want to put a damper on good news, you know?

"Care to serve me breakfast in bed, Mommy?"


Oh, but before I go, I should let you know that little Maya is sitting in her exersaucer right now, playing like crazy. She's hilarious - just babbling and laughing and moving around these little wooden things. She sometimes starts to whine, and if I look over at her, she gives me this face that I'm taking to mean, "Hi Mom. Thanks for looking at me." What a sweetie.

"This exersaucer is particularly amusing today."

No comments:

Background