Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ode to Being a Babysitter.

Today we looked after Nash, while Brooke went to the doctor. She's due to have her baby in about 4 weeks, so the appointments are getting less toddler friendly. Brook and Brie brought their kids too, and we made a play date out of it. Truth be told, Nash loves his mommy. He missed her terribly, but eventually got over it and had a great time with us. The best part was when she came back. She crept in, and he got so excited, he almost cried. It was adorable. Why am I telling you this? Well, basically, I think Maya will be very attached to her mommy and daddy too. She really seems to enjoy hanging out with us. She's the most snuggly, affectionate, happy little baby. Lately, when we leave her in her room at night to go to sleep, she cries hysterically as we walk out the door. It makes me so sad, even though I know she needs to learn to go to sleep on her own. I know she just misses us. I miss her when she's sleeping too. Maybe that's strange, but sometimes I almost want to wake her up so we can play. Not today though. I'm tired too...


"More peas, please!"


"My hand is flapping around so much, you can barely see it!"


"I'm having a grand old time in my car seat!"


"Good morning, Mommy. I've been patiently waiting here for you. You like my vegetable sleeper?"

No comments:

Background