Sunday, August 31, 2008

5 Months

Maya's 5 month birthday was yesterday. I honestly can't believe that she's been around for a whole 5 months. Seems impossible. Anyway, in honor of her birthday, we decided to join Brooke, Ray, and Nash, at the Japanese Festival at the Missouri Botanical Gardens. Unfortunately, we went way too early to see the cooking, drumming, and other demonstrations. It got so hot, so quickly, that we ended up leaving by noon. Oh, it was so gross outside. As uncomfy as I was, Brooke is very pregnant, and must have been ready to faint. Blech. After the festival, we went to a picnic at a local park. Our old friend Lisa, who I used to work with at school, has been having this picnic for the past 2 years, and it's always nice to see people. Christina and Ed came, along with their almost born baby. Christina is sporting a fairly giant belly, which is super adorable. I miss my giant baby bump sometimes, but 5-month-Maya is even better.

"This octopus is gigantic. I don't even know if I can handle it."


"Here's another beret photo. Maybe it's too big on me..."


"I'm so serious in my jogging stroller. Or maybe it's just way too sunny for me."


"Mommy, Nash and Ray look so cute on the sheep. Can I try it with Daddy? Maybe when I'm bigger."


"Mommy, I think Christina's baby just kicked me! When Charlie comes out, I'm going to kick him back!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maya, you look very lovely in your hat. I too wear hats a lot of the time. Grammy says I don't look as cute as you in my hats, but I think I look pretty darn good!! When we come and see you soon, I'll be sure to bring my Mets cap with me. You can share it with me, and I'm sure Grammy will say you wear it better than I. There's no fooling Grammy!! -- Grampy

Background