Saturday, August 16, 2008

There's No Place Like Home.

We're home again! Yup, back to St. Louis, as of yesterday evening. Maya and I flew home together, because Kevin went home last weekend. I must admit, I was really nervous to fly home alone with Maya. We had so much gear, and it seemed impossible for me to carry all our stuff - but a baby on top of it all? No way. My mom ended up coming with us to the gate (thanks for the pass, Southwest Airlines!), and I had several helpers throughout my 2 flights. All in all, it was a positive experience. Maya was such a good girl the whole time - thank goodness. On our way to Connecticut, she was less than thrilled by the flying experience, but I think she recovered! Now we just need to get her back on a sleeping schedule. She is all turned around from her change in routine, but I'm working on her. Ugh. Wish us luck.


"Mommy? Will you start me on candy next week? Pretty please?"


"I love hanging out with Ryan and Lizzie, Mommy. Can we come to Connecticut more often?"


"I'm wearing a diaper. I swear."


"Mommy took this photo herself! Isn't she awesome?!?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Maya
I didn't know you were here in the East. We were in Virginia with all your cousins (Jacob, Jaden, Aryella and Tyson) for the week and missed seeing you! Why didn't you come join us?
Hope to finally meet you soon!
Love,
Aunt Isabelle

a loose seal said...

I just found your blog doing a search for tips for flying with a baby alone on Southwest. This is my first time and I'm freaking out a little. :) Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I love your blog and that Maya is adorable!

Background