Thursday, February 26, 2009

Maya Mc-Drool-ins

I think another tooth is on its way. You might notice giant ring of drool on Maya's chin and clothes, the likes of which we haven't seen since Maya was 6 months old. While I wish she wasn't so drooly and putting everything in her mouth, I am excited for her bottom row to have some friends on top. I'll keep you posted.

Anyway, yesterday was beautiful. It was 60 degrees here, so we met Nash, Margot, and Brooke at Starbucks for a morning of patio fun. It was so nice out, that when it was time to leave, Brooke and I stood at our cars chatting for a long time before we actually got inside, because neither of us wanted to get in the car and out of the sun. It was a fairly low key day though, and Maya slept a lot, drooled a lot, and played with her new favorite friend - the dishwasher. For some reason, she is positively enamoured with it. As a new venture, she is working on actually climbing onto the dishwasher door while it's open. I'm guessing this is not safe for either the baby or the dishwasher. So far, she hasn't been successful. I guess it's a good thing we don't have stairs in our house...

"Mommy, I'm heading to the dishwasher."

"I love this thing! It's endless enjoyment for me!"

"Look at my tongue. Oh, and also, look at my lovely wet shirt."

"Mommy, when we put our house on the market, don't forget to mention our awesome dishwasher."

"Brooke, you're always fun at Starbucks. Thanks for making me laugh!"

1 comment:

Christina said...

Maya and Charlie could both enter wet t-shirt contests together :) We are waiting for our first toothy...

Background