Monday, December 15, 2008

Don't be Angry at Me, Maya!

Last night, I put Maya down on the changing table to get her ready for tubby time, and she started screaming. I mean, really, truly screaming like she was in serious pain. I couldn't figure it out, so I chalked it up to evening fussies and being sleepy. As I started soaping her up in the tub though, I noticed her back felt rough, and when I looked, I noticed a huge scratch across her back. I realized that it must have been my watch scratching her as I put her down on the changing table! I felt terrible. Poor little muffin. You can't really tell from the photo, but there's a part of the scratch that's actually bloody. Ugh. Today there's a scab, so that's good. I don't think it really hurts her.

Anyway, our weekend was very uneventful, but nice nonetheless. We did a lot of organizing and cleaning yesterday, which is always a happy event. Living in such a small space requires extreme organization. Otherwise, it's clutter central. This weekend I worked on the pantry, the junk drawer, and the kitchen cabinets. Kevin dealt with his "office." I must say, it looks pretty good in here!

"I'm not angry, Mommy."

"It doesn't hurt anymore."

"Target is hilarious. Look at all this Christmas shoppers! Did you get me something for Hanukkah, Mommy and Daddy? I was good this year!"

"Here's the comb - now do my hair, Mommy!"

"Hahahaha! Bubble wrap is so silly. Look at this giant roll!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Forgive yourself, Marji. Those things will happen and of course the little doll has forgiven you... she never even blamed you. These things will happen and through it all, Maya will always know that her mommy and daddy love her very dearly!

Background