Saturday, December 20, 2008

Where's Mommy?

Last night, Aunt Nora and Uncle Adam kindly allowed Kevin and me to go out to a happy hour with the anesthesia department. Brook and Ben drove me to the bar, where I met Kevin, who was coming from work. We partied for a while, and then came home for dinner. Nora and Adam had a good time with Maya, although she definitely gave them a workout. Apparently, Maya is not such a fan of being put to bed by anyone other than Kevin or me. We definitely have ourselves to blame - she really never has babysitters. I'm glad we went out, but it made me realize that we need to get out more often and let other people put Maya to bed. She's very attached to us, and I don't want her to be scared or sad when other people help with her routine. I've decided that we should try letting Nora and Adam put her to bed again tonight, but this time, I'll stay with them. Maybe that'll help. Any other suggestions?

"I'm going to give Auntie Nora and Uncle Adam a run for their money. Get ready, guys."

"I don't hold a grudge though. I'm not sad that you left me last night, Mommy and Daddy. I had fun with Aunt Nora and Uncle Adam."

"Bye bye! You can even go out again!!! I'll be better next time!"

"Like my dress? I'm so comfy today."

No comments:

Background