Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'm 30, and guess what Maya gave me!

Yes, that's right, I am 30 today. It's my first birthday with a baby... and I love it! So far today, Maya and I went to the mall with Brie, Alex, Brooke, Nash, and Margot, and then out to lunch at Sweet Tomatoes with Kevin (a.k.a. Daddy). Maya ate a very hearty meal of tofu, cauliflower, shredded cheese, and some chicken. She's very full and sleepy now.

Okay, so last night was very eventful. Kevin was on call, so it was just the 2 of us. Just before dinner, we were hanging out in Maya's room. I was unpacking, and Maya was playing with her toys. All of a sudden, she got up on all fours, and crawled backwards for about 4 steps, and then landed in a sitting position. I was so excited, I started clapping, and Maya immediately started clapping too! It was so adorable. She hasn't attempted to crawl again yet, but now I feel reassured that she is on her way! Oh, and we also had a very funny night last night. At about 2 a.m., I heard Maya crying over the monitor. It kept starting and stopping, so I eventually turned on the screen to see what she was doing. She was sitting up, facing the head of the crib (not the bars), and her head was slumped over. She kept falling asleep sitting up, and then waking up crying. She simply did not want to lie down. This went on for 30 minutes before I finally went in and laid her down. She went to sleep after about 10 seconds. I think she was very confused as to why she was sitting up, and how she got there. I must admit - I'm a little confused too...
"Happy birthday, Mommy!"

"I'm going to crawl forward soon!"

"I was so silly last night."

"You like my awesome tongue?"

No comments:

Background