Monday, December 15, 2008

Is it just me...

...or is it totally unseasonably cold outside? Yeah, that's right, it didn't go above 17 degrees here in Crestwood, Missouri - at least according to our trusty thermometer. Maya and I ventured out to the car, with the intention of going to Hobby Lobby this morning. The only problem was that we spent 15 minutes in the car, letting the windshields thaw out, which never really happened. Anyway, after a short stint at the Lobby, and 2 lovely Maya-naps, we made our way out to Walgreens and Barnes and Noble for a quick afternoon outing. I must admit, it's much easier being out in the cold without a baby. She has a really warm car seat cover now, and I stuffed a blanket in there also, but sheesh... 13 degrees is no temp for an 8 month old. Especially for me, since I can't put my hands in my pockets while I'm wheeling the stroller or carrying the car seat. So... I guess I need warm gloves this winter. Fortunately, St. Lou doesn't get much colder than this. I can't wait to move to New Hampshire next year, where it's this cold for months on end (spoken very sarcastically, in case you didn't get that).
"I'm toasty in the house, Mom."

"Look! Quick! I'm standing!"


"I know I look sort of annoyed (I swear, I'm not), but Mommy thinks I look like Grammy's baby pictures in this photo. Grammy, what do you think?"

"I'm practicing my crawling, but can only go backwards. Soon I'll surprise Mommy and Daddy and crawl forward!"

"This is my silly 'I'm-up-to-no-good' face."

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ok it's official, you and Maya need to come to Florida and visit me and Sydney! It was in the 70s here today!!

Maya B. said...

So jealous. So very very jealous...

Background