Monday, July 7, 2008

Free Beer is Awesome.

We went to Grant's Farm yesterday. It's pretty neat. You take a trolley up a winding hill, and see all these woolly animals (dear, buffalo, ducks, zebras, etc.), and you end up at a little activity area. You can buy bottles of milk and feed the goats, see little movies, or just look at the animals. It's kind of an odd mix of animals (goats, tortoises, an elephant, mini horses and donkeys, and parrots). The whole trip is pretty quick, but at the end, there's this big courtyard where you can buy all kinds of goodies. If you're lucky, you'll notice the little nook, labeled "Busch Hospitality." There, you can get "samples" of about 8 different varieties of beer or non-alcoholic energy drinks. I put the term "sample" in quotes, because these are at least 8 ounce plastic cups. Not only that, but you can get 2! This didn't mean much for Maya and me, as we aren't beer drinkers, but Kevin got to try some kind of peach Bacardi and a some other variety of Budweiser. Wendy had an energy drink, and Maya and I guzzled milk and water (respectively). Mmmm. We had fun.

The day ended with an Indian food potluck supper at Brook, Ben, James, and Keira's house. Potlucks with them are always fun! We had a good time seeing everyone. We forgot a camera though. I need to get back on track with my photos!


"Daddy! Now we both need a haircut!"


"Feed me Maya!"


"Thanks for taking a photo of me with the mini-horse, Mom. I was too sleepy to stay awake for it, but you know how I love all things miniature."


"I'm in a very serious mood."

No comments:

Background