Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fussy Day... and Target Fraud


Maya is fussy today. I don't know why, but she's been squealing like crazy for most of the day. Needless to say, I'm not a big fan of these days. She seems annoyed and irritated, and maybe even uncomfy for some reason, and I don't know why. Maybe she's tired, or hungry, or gassy, or just plain cranky... I can't figure it out, and neither can Kevin. I wonder if it's her reflux acting up again. Hmph. Any ideas? She took 3 catnaps today, but no long naps, so maybe that's the problem. Poor thing. I hate to see her in a bad mood.

On another note, we went to Target this afternoon. Brooke had sent us this incredible $5 off a $20 purchase coupon. Kevin and I used it on Saturday, and then I printed more for today. After spending an hour looking for $25 worth of unecessary knick knacks, I got in line to pay. I had a sheet full of these $5 coupons, so I gave one to the woman in front of me, who had a cart full of (what else?) unecessary junk. She was grateful. I moved to a different line and went about my business. Unfortunately, as I handed over my coupon, the woman behind the counter pointed out a flyer/poster that was posted all over the store - the coupons were fraudulent. Yup, they don't work at all. Oddly, I used one last weekend, and so did Brooke! I guess someone cracked the bar code, and they finally figured it out. I told the cashier that I had used it last week, and she said, "Yeah, I did too!" Hmph. I guess the employees were fooled too. So no more coupons. At least we used it once, right?? Oh, and I really felt bad about giving a counterfeit coupon to the lady in front of me. I hope she didn't think I was scamming her. Kind of funny if you think about it...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How about teething? Is that little doll starting to get into the teeth growing mode? Hope she is feeling less fussy. LOL, AB

Anonymous said...

I think Beth has something there. I was also going to suggest teething. Or it might just be a little upset tummy. But she is surely adorable and you certainly are enjoying her! We can't wait to meet her.

Unknown said...

I get fussy when I have a guilty conscience. Is it possible that Maya was responsible for those fake Target coupons? Just a thought. -- Grampy

Background