Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Just Like Old Times.

When I was a kid, we used to go to temple all the time. I mean all the time. To tell you the truth, I wasn't a big fan of the long, drawn out services, and I used to make up every excuse in the book, in order to not go. Actually, there was one good part - the Oneg Shabbat after services was always decked out with excellent goodlies. Anyway, now that I'm an adult, and even moreso since I've been married, and now have a child, I want to attend services more regularly. We don't belong to a synagogue in St. Louis, but we hope to join one when we find a place where we'll settle down. Yesterday we attended services at Central Reform Congregation. Maya and I went in the morning, then to a children's service in the afternoon, and finally, to Tashlich services at Forest Park. It was such a nice day. Kevin met us for the afternoon festivities. It was gorgeous outside, and being at the park felt wonderful. Maya had a great time. Unfortunately, she slept really badly last night. Not sure why. Maybe she was have 6 month growing pains.


"Come on, Mommy! Let's go into the children's service!"


"Ha ha ha! Stop tickling me, Daddy!"


"You're crazy, Daddy! More! More!"


"More kisses, Mommy!"


"Daddy, will you throw my sins into the water, too?"

1 comment:

Hailey & Logan said...

Miss you, Maya! You sure know how to pose for pics! My mommy thinks I always have that "deer caught in headlights" expression. You'll have to give me some pointers! =)

Background